The Cotton Bottom Diaper Bank was founded in 2019 to meet the diaper needs of low-income families in South Florida.
• Diaper need is the lack of a sufficient supply of diapers to keep a baby clean, healthy, and dry.
• 1 in 3 families struggle to purchase diapers.
• Diapers are not covered by WIC, Food Stamps, or any other government safety-net organization.
• Babies require 6-12 diapers per day which can cost over $100 per month per child.
• Most childcare facilities require parents to provide disposable diapers. Without diapers parents are unable to attend school, work, or job training courses.
• There are 19,951 families with children living below the federal poverty level in Palm Beach County.